OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU, DEAR GUESTS & FRIENDS
TO NAVIGATE SAFELY THROUGH THE TIME OF COVID-19
Dear Friends, dear Guests.
The wellbeing and safety of our guests as well as of our team is of course our major priority and concern. We will do everything to make your holiday unforgettable and offer you – despite all Covid-19 regulations – maximum flexibility.
The Breakers Diving & Surfing Lodge updated all its cleaning and hygiene protocols to meet the requirements recommended by TÜV Nord, WHO and local authorities.
• What do I have to bring for my vacation (Covid-19)?
You should pack sufficient and suitable mouth-nose protection (masks, scarf, shawl) and gloves for the duration of your holiday.
During your stay
• Do I have to wash/sanitize my hands?
Respiratory viruses like COVID-19 spread when mucus or droplets containing the virus get into your body through your eyes, nose, or throat. Most often, this happens through your hands. Hands are also one of the most common ways that the virus spreads from one person to the next. Therefore one of the cheapest, easiest, and most important ways to prevent the spread of a virus is to wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
Of course, you will find hand-sanitize dispensers with sensor (= no touch) in all strategic spots throughout the hotel. Before entering the restaurant, the bar, or before interacting with our staff or other guests, please disinfect your hands.
• Is it mandatory to wear the mouth-nose protection mask?
No, it is not mandatory for guests to wear mouth-nose protection masks. Nevertheless, we recommend it in case the minimum distance (1.5 m) can’t be guaranteed.
• Can I purchase a mouth-nose protection at the hotel?
Yes. It can be purchased at cost price at the hotel.
• What about medical care at the hotel?
A doctor will be present twice per day and is reachable all the time. Furthermore, the hotel has a close cooperation with the Medical Center of Somabay. In case you don’t feel well, please stay in your room and contact the reception (0). We will send a doctor to your room who will be checking on you.
• Are there still towel cards? / How does the towel change work?
As for hygiene reasons we don’t hand out towel cards anymore. Beach towels will be placed on your room and if you would like to exchange them, please leave them on the floor in your room.
• Will there still be the Solo Traveler meetings? How will it work?
Yes. We still offer twice per week the solo traveler meetings in small groups and a minimum distance of 1.5 m has to be observed.
• Is online check-in possible at The Breakers Somabay?
No. Online check-in is not possible at The Breakers. Nevertheless, you can request the registration form prior to arrival, fill it in and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Will my luggage be brought to my room by your staff?
Further to Covid-19 measures, no member of our staff is allowed into a guest room after it has been cleaned for an arrival. Of course your luggage can – if you wish – be brought to the door of your room by the bell-man.
• Which methods of payment are available at the Hotel?
We recommend paying cashless – with EC or credit card – but of course, you also can pay with cash.
• How often will you clean my room?
The rooms will be cleaned every 48h or if necessary (please dial 0), always during a time when no guest is present in the room. Bed linen will be changed every 4th day or if necessary. Towels/beach towels will be changed if they are placed on the floor of the room.
• What additional steps have been taken in relation to Covid-19?
A special cleaning based on the Covid-19 hygiene rules will be applied before every arrival.
• Which disinfectants will be used?
All disinfectants are based on the Covid-19 antivirus regulations.
• How often will public areas (lobby, toilets, etc.) be cleaned?
The cleaning-frequency for the public areas has been increased significantly. You can monitor the frequency of the cleaning process on the publicly displayed cleaning-schedules.
• Can I have my clothes washed?
Yes. We offer laundry service except for the guest’s own facial-masks.
• Is there a minibar in the room?
A full minibar is as usual at your disposal in your room and will be replenished every 48h or upon request (please dial 0). Drinks and snacks will be charged upon consumption to your room bill.
• Do I have to wear a mouth-nose protection in the restaurant?
Upon your discretion. In the restaurant you have to pay attention that the minimum distance (1.5 m) is observed.
• What is the exact procedure at the restaurant for breakfast & dinner?
Choice of table is free. Our waiters will help you to find a place. Preferably tables outside will be occupied first. Tables, chairs, and all small items on the tables will be disinfected before new table occupation. Buffet areas are continuously cleaned. All other cleaning-frequencies remain as usual.
• Is it possible to eat together as a group?
Allowed are 6 persons of the same family per table with the minimum distance of 1.5m.
• Can I get food myself from the buffet?
To observe local regulations you will find a one-way system (enter on one side, exit on the other side) in the buffet area. We provide live-cooking stations and our Chefs will prepare a plate with your chosen items which means no self-service at the buffet.
• How can I get beverages?
Please order your beverages as always with the waiters who will serve them.
• What are the restaurant’s opening hours?
Breakfast: 06:30 – 10:30 am
Lunch à la carte: 12:00 – 05:00 pm
Dinner: 07:00 – 09:30 pm
• How often will buffet stations and restaurant be cleaned?
The restaurant is aired on a constant basis. Tables, chairs and small materials on the tables are disinfected after each guest. Buffet areas are continuously cleaned. All other cleaning intervals remain.
• What additional measures are being taken in relation to Covid-19?
Employees in the buffet and dining area will be working with mouth-nose-protection and gloves. Food will be prepared on plates.
• Can I take food out of the restaurant?
The usual hygiene standards apply: it is not allowed to take food out of the restaurant.
• Is it possible to have a drink at the bar after dinner?
Sure. While respecting the minimum distance you can order at the bar or in one of the seating areas and our team will serve you.
• What about evening program?
As usual, we offer a diverse evening program. Of course, the health of our guests and employees is our first priority and therefore some topics have been adapted to Covid-19 hygiene standards. We will present live entertainment and DJ throughout the week.
• Is it possible to borrow board games/play kicker or billiard?
Yes. It is upon your own responsibility to disinfect all games prior to use and once you finished.
Sport, Activities & Pool
• What needs to be considered when using the gym?
Maximum 04 persons inside the gym / 03 persons in the outside area. A minimum distance of 1.5 m to other guests has to be maintained. Each guest has to disinfect his/her material after use.
• Is it possible to use the pool?
Yes. The pool can be used while respecting minimum distance & hygiene standards.
• Will Yoga be offered?
Yes. Yoga will be offered twice daily on six days per week.
• Is it possible to kite and to dive?
Yes. It is possible to dive and to kite. Please check for COVID-19 regulations on:
Beauty, Massage & Sauna
• During treatment, do I have to wear mouse-nose protection?
Yes. During all treatments (incl. manicure, pedicure, hairdresser) you have to wear your mouth-nose protection. During facials, the guest can remove the mouth-nose protection.
• Is it possible to use the massage/sauna facilities?
No. Neither massage nor sauna is authorized based on local governmental regulations.
We tried to cover all possible questions. In case you still require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by mail: email@example.com
The Breakers Team